Annual Statement of Fees for retail customers
The Statement of Fees includes all fees incurred in connection with the use of the services related to the payment accounts and, where applicable, the interest applied to the payment account with respect to the previous year.
It is important to note that all fees/interest featured in the Statement of Fees in an aggregated form are included in an itemized format in the monthly bank statements of the previous year, meaning that the exact details are available in the monthly statements.
The following is a summary of the key features of the Statement of Fees.
Under Directive 2014/92/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 July 2014 on the comparability of fees related to payment accounts, payment account switching and access to payment accounts with basic features (PAD: Payment Account Directive) as well as Government Decree No. 144/2018 (VIII.13.) on certain issues related to the provision of information on fees for consumer payment accounts, the latter incorporating the above Directive into domestic legislation, starting from 2020 our Bank is obliged to make available to our retail customers by 31 January each year an annual Fee Statement regarding their payment account.
- HUF and foreign-currency payment accounts
- debit cards
- overdraft facilities
Brief information on the Fee Statement:
- The first Statement of Fees was made available to our customers by 31.01.2020 for the period between 01.08.2019 and 31.12.2019. After this, by 31.01. each year, as in 2021 aswell, with respect to the entire previous year.
- Until otherwise stated, the Statement of Fees will be made available to our existing customers through the same channel as the bank statements, i.e. by post or via an electronic channel.
- New customers can declare whether they request the Statement of Fees in a print format when opening the account.
- The Statement of Fees contains the fees/interest applicable to a given account. The fees/interest charged by the bank are published in an aggregate form with respect to a period of one year.
- In accordance with statutory provisions, loans (except overdraft facilities), insurance products, investments as well as fees charged on credit cards, safe services, etc. are not listed in the Statement of Fees.
- In the case of commission or cost redirection, commissions and fees are recognized with respect to the account to which they are linked and not on the account to which they are actually charged. (In other words, the account management fee of the foreign-currency account shall be included in the Statement of Fees of the foreign-currency account even if the account management fee of the foreign-currency account is otherwise directed to the forint account at the request of the customer.)
- In the event of a change in the account package, a separate Statement of Fees shall be prepared for the old and the new account.
- The Statement of Fees also include our free-of-charge services (i.e. free card purchase, foreign currency deposit, account management fee, etc.).
- Fees/commissions credited to the account (such as account management fee refunds) are listed in the "Additional Information" section of the Statement of Fees.
- In the event of an account closure, Statement of Fees will be sent following the account closure, along with the bank statement for the last month.
We would like to draw your attention to the Bank Account Selection Programme operated by the National Bank of Hungary and available on its website at http://alk.mnb.hu/fogyasztoknak/alkalmazasok/szvp as well as the comparison website available at https://pad.mnb.hu, where the fees charged by payment service providers for payment accounts kept for consumers and the applied interest rates can be compared free of charge.
If you have any additional questions regarding the Statement of Fees, please feel free to contact our staff at any CIB branch or through the CIB24 call centre at (+36 1) 4 242 242 and our colleagues will be happy to assist you.