Conversion of forint banknotes coined from circulation
Act CXXXIX of 2013 on the Magyar Nemzeti Bank (3) of the MNB Act (MNB Act), credit institutions and postal services shall convert forint banknotes withdrawn from circulation for a period of 3 years from the date of the withdrawal. You can find detailed information on the conversion at MNB's website at https://www.mnb.hu/bankjegy-es-erme and in our relevant list of conditions.
The most important information about converting banknotes coined:
- Our bank exchanges banknotes withdrawn from circulation in all its branches, in accordance with the MNB, for legal tender for 20 years from the date of withdrawal.
- Our bank does not charge a fee for replacing banknotes with coated banknotes for a renewed banknote with the same denomination.
- Our Bank performs the exchange of banknotes withdrawn from circulation without any quantitative restrictions, in the case of a larger amount, under the conditions published in the condition list.
- Our bank does not make any conversion to the existence of a bank account or the use of the services it provides.
During the banknote exchange, the MNB will activate the following banknotes:
- 1 000 HUF issued before 2017 - inclusion date: October 31, 2018
- 2000 HUF issued before 2016 - date of inclusion: July 31, 2017
- Prior to 2016, 5,000 Forints - Inclusion Day: July 31, 2017
- 20000 Forints Issued Before 2015 - Inclusion Day: December 31, 2017