Useful banking tips
Choose our digital channels instead of personal banking!
Bank from home!
You can bank via our mobile application and internet bank!
Get help from CIB24!
Our call center colleagues will help you!
At CIB Bank we are taking the issue of minimising the chances of infection with coronavirus very seriously. We have taken numerous steps recently to protect the health of our customers and our colleagues, and we will continue to do all we can in the interest of this matter. We are following the guidelines, restrictions and directives of the Hungarian Government and of the relevant Hungarian authorities, and we are complying with the WHO recommendations as well.
In connection with the health safety measures, we have introduced a few restrictions to help reduce the chances of infection.
- It is mandatory for everybody to wear a mask in our branch, and in accordance with the law, the mask must constantly cover the nose and the mouth. Our colleauges act accordingly.
- It is not mandatory to wear a mask for minors under the age of 6, and people with intellectual or psychosocial disability or autism spectrum disorder.1
- We ask you continue to use the hand sanitizer placed at the entrance and try to ensure a distance of 1.5 meters.
- It could occur, that we only let in a limited number of customers into our branches at one time. We ask all other customers to please wait outside, in front of the entrance.
- We welcome our customers in our branches in the afternoon without booking an appointment. Regardless, the appointment booking process is still available at www.cib.hu/idopontfoglalas.
- A protective plexiglass is installed on the desks in branches to minimalize the risk of infection during banking in person.
- We ask our customers not to visit our branches if:
- they have come into contact with a person who is infected with coronavirus or they themselves feel they may have symptoms of the disease
- they are residents or employees of a property or institution that is subject to epidemical quarantine.
- We can welcome these customers in our branches at the earliest in 10 days from the occurrence of any of the above incidents.
- Processing and customer service at our branches will be slower than usual, and therefore, and also to help reduce physical contact with other people, we would ask you to please use our digital channels or our CIB24 call center if you possibly can.
- Key services available via our digital channels – 24 hours a day!
- Transfers (payments) – domestic HUF transfer orders of up to HUF 10 million launched over a digital channel will be executed in just 5 seconds, 24 hours a day, even on the weekends
- Checking your balance/account history
- Changing card purchase and cash-withdrawal limits
- Managing your investments
- Fixing term deposits
If you do not have the CIB Bank Mobile Application or access to the CIB Bank Online internet banking service
- If you are the sole holder of your account, you can conclude a contract for digital services via our CIB24 telephone customer service.
- If you have a business account or an account with more than one holder, or if you have forgotten your CIB Telephone ID Code (T-PIN) or the answer to a security question, you can only request that the digital channels be set up for you at our branches.
- The mobile application can be downloaded from the app stores, while our internet banking service is available via www.cib.hu, if you click on Login on the upper right side of the page.
- Our ATMs will continue to be availabe for you at all times, if you need cash, though you can also help reduce the risk of spreading the virus by not using cash, and so we recommend that when you can, use your credit or debit card to make payments. By using a contactless card, you don’t even have to hand out your bank card to make payments2
- Our CIB24 call center is available 24 hours a day, on (+36 1) 4 242 242. It’s possible that due to the increase in the number of customers doing their banking over the phone, you’ll need to wait a bit longer than usual – if this is the case, we kindly ask for your patience. To receive a full service over the phone, you’ll need to have the following:
- A CIB24 identifier – this is usually the middle 8 characters of your GIRO account number
- A 4-digit CIB Telephone ID Code (T-PIN)
* Information on the HUF 15,000 value limit for contactless payments
Under Government Decree no.60/2020 (23 March) and the related Act LVIII/2020 on the transitional rules related to the termination of the state of danger and on the epidemiological preparedness, the strong customer authentication limit for individual contactless bank card payments increased from HUF 5,000 to HUF 15,000.
For our customers who have a Visa bank card expiring between December 2020 and September 2021, we provide two options for setting the increased limit:
- Execution of a transaction through ATM using the affected bank card, which can be cash withdrawal, cash deposit and balance enquiry. The transaction can be executed through an ATM operated by any bank. The minimum amount of the cash withdrawal or cash deposit depends on the given ATM.
- Purchase of any amount through a POS terminal using the affected bank card in a manner that the bank card is inserted into the terminal.
It is sufficient to complete one of the above two options in order to increase the limit for contactless payment to HUF 15,000.
The limit will be automatically set and you have nothing to do if:
- You have a Mastercard bank card.
- The expiry date of your Visa bank card is not between December 2020 and September 2021. That is, you do not have to do anything if your Visa bank card is renewed in October or November 2020, the new card already has/will have the new limit set.
For more information, please call our 24-hour CIB24 telephone customer service at (+36 1) 4 242 242.
Refunding the price of services paid for in advance
Have you paid for any trips in advance, or has the concert that you’ve bought a ticket for been cancelled? If you paid using your debit or credit card, we can help you.
- If the vendor cancels the service, the amount of the transaction must be credited back to your account within 15 days. If this does not happen despite the negotiation with the vendor, call CIB24 and we’ll help you!
- If you’d like to cancel a service that you’ve already paid for, please check to see if it can be cancelled:
- If it can’t be cancelled: unfortunately we can’t help you get your money back.
- If it can be cancelled: please proceed in accordance with the cancellation terms set out in the General Terms of Contract. If it’s cancellable, the vendor should repay the price of the service to you within 15 days from the date of cancellation. If the money doesn’t arrive despite the negotiation with the vendor, call CIB24, and we’ll help!
Changes regarding Mastercard lounges
The Mastercard Airport Lounge at Budapest Liszt Ferenc International Airport is open for CIB Mastercard Gold cardholders from 3 May 2021, with increased consideration of health regulations.
Mastercard has introduced the following temporary measures:
- Travelers are offered pre-packed meals instead of the usual offer.
- A hand sanitizer, separately packed masks and hygienic hand towels have been placed next to the entrance, the latter of which can be taken on the road.
- Frequently used surfaces are disinfected every 2 hours, and after closing hours, the whole waiting area is being disinfected.
- A maximum of 50 people can be in the waiting room at a time, available seats will always be marked to make keeping the distance easier.
Our customers can continue to use the Budapest Airport Fast Track at the airport with a CIB Mastercard Gold bank card, but please be sure to keep a distance of minimum 1,5 meters from other travelers as requested by the authorities.
For more information, click here.